People are thinking differently about their vacations in 2012. Here are some of the top trends we’ve noticed:
- Vacations sans gadgets. Some travelers are ready to pull the plug…would you be willing to hand your iPhone over to a life coach for a few days in 2012?
- London tourism. With the upcoming Summer Olympics, as well as the Queen’s diamond jubilee, London is definitely a hot spot on many travelers’ maps this year.
- Ghana, Chile, Norway, and Japan. Frommer’s has a few more exciting places in mind this year.
- More competition between travel sites. Google is now in the game with their flight search engine, so travelers have yet another way to try and track down the best price.
- More last minute travel. Hotels looking to boost occupancy + travelers looking for a deal = more last minute bookings. Keep your smartphones handy…sites like lastminute.com will be big players this year.