Hosting an event this holiday season? Here are a few tips to keep you sane…
- Not enough money in your budget for floral centerpieces? Work with your caterer to create a dessert centerpiece as an alternative.
- Don’t get too tipsy at your own party. It’s hard to be a gracious host if you get too “relaxed” before dessert is even served!
- Encourage guests to get in the spirit; have a “Least Attractive Christmas Sweater” contest!
- Use linens to add a splash of color to the room. Rich jewel tones are great for the fall and winter holidays. To reduce costs, choose solid linens rather than patterned ones.
- The holidays can be a stressful time. Be sure to make time to relax, take deep breaths, and enjoy yourself with family, friends, and pets!
- Send invitations to your event at least three weeks ahead of time. And if you’re sending e-vites, don’t forget to set the “reminder option” and that way your invitees will automatically get a reminder a few days before the event.
- Don’t be overly concerned about people spilling things or touching things in your house. It’s a social gathering and things are bound to happen, so just be prepared for it. No one has fun at a party where they can’t sit on the furniture or are afraid to set a drink on the table without a coaster.
- Make as many food items and party preparations ahead of time as possible.This will make your event much more relaxing and fun.
- Don’t burn the cranberry sauce!
- Most importantly…smile and RELAX! You’ve made it through another year.